Mark partners with boards, executives, and their teams to create strategies, cultures, capabilities and habits that drive innovation and growth.
His involvement includes:
- keynote speeches at conferences and company events
- workshops & activities with leaders and teams
- in-depth advisory roles, including strategy development, new business formation, and change management
- leadership coaching
- board roles and facilitation
Mark brings a unique combination of experience, expertise and perspective to every engagement and relationship. He integrates his deep experience launching and building high-growth organizations with his insights from restructuring a number of businesses. And then adds frameworks, case studies and activities developed over 15 years at UC Berkeley with grad students and executives from around the world.
- As a seasoned executive, Mark has created, restructured and led organizations ranging from raw startups (online payments platform WebOrder, now inside Google; cleantech business ETwater which addresses global water scarcity) to leading global organizations with P&Ls in the hundreds on millions of dollars at Sony and Newell Rubbermaid.
- Mark has worked across many sectors, with a particular focus on businesses at the convergence of technology, media and content, brands, clean tech and ecommerce.
- He has advised global enterprise such as Intel, Sony and DirecTV on their innovation and new business creation strategies, capabilities and initiatives.
- He has provided keynotes and also worked with small groups of top executives at Daimler Benz, Google, IDEO, Wells Fargo Bank.
- In addition to addressing critical competencies such as innovation, entrepreneurial thinking, change management and effective execution, Mark often includes insights and activities from his recent book “The Other ‘F’ Word” on how to effectively turn failure from a regret to a resource that drives innovation and growth.
Taking a pragmatic “let’s get to work” approach to his topics, Mark challenges his clients while at the same time providing them with frameworks, examples, tools and activities to driving innovation, growth, and long-term success, all in the context of today’s increasingly competitive and fast-paced global marketplace.
Mark occasionally accepts board and advisory board roles as well.
For more, contact Mark.